Friday, April 9, 2010

My english box is maksur...

So we are officially back from Luxor, and while I have more I havent had much time to process but its been awhile since I posted so it'll be a several-parter.

My friend Geneva on the ferry over to the west bank the day we got there.  Greg is in the background but hes dark so that keeps him from ruining it :)  I was however severely annoyed at the fact that I jad left my camera set on jpeg basic from the previous night when I was taking BS photos and processing this image was disaster.  after about an hour and a little help from Greg, I finally got it where I wanted, but it could have been better.....malesh...
So Seth, Jen, and I were in the market and Jen was looking for a skirt, so we took off down a side street to another clothing shop.  on the way there we passed a guy who was in the process of making a shisha water-pipe.  I asked him if I could take some photos of him and he said yes, so I stood there for about 10 mins watching, shooting, and smoking a cig w/ his friends.  This set by-far are imo the best photos that I got the whole trip.  small debate going on here at the house.  My frineds seem to prefer the second photo while I prefer the first.  Seth especially likes that You cant see his hands in the second photo but I prefer seeing the process better in the first photo.  In all three of these photos he is using the iron in his hand to apply solder to the seams on the pipe.  There shall be more, I just haven't gotten to processing them yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment