Sunday, February 28, 2010

Finally, an update

So updating this every 2-3 days might have been a little bit of a stretch.  Today was the first day of fieldwork and if today and the preceding 3 are any indication every 3-4 days is probably more realistic...oh well, on with the stuff:


The following 3 photos are more from the Khan Al-Khalili


This one is of a room leading to the upstairs apartment above a shop w/ some pushy guys running it.  The contrast between the window and the darkened interior was a challenge, but I figured I'd give it a shot anyway.


A door in the bazaar.














2 guys in the bazaar.  Im proud of myself for doing candids, especially in a country where I am paranoid about being yelled at for it.












In Abydos at the village site.  Its really neat, its the last corner where the old village still exists, its a profile of the tel and it stands about 10m high, and thats only what shows above the surface.










There are kitties here so I don't have to go cold-turkey.  this one is the momma cat, her name is "Killer".  More of her to come, trust me...

1 comment: