Tuesday, May 3, 2011

First real attempt at a night exposure

So I've been wanting to do real night exposures for awhile now, but my camera has always hampered me as it can only do 30 sec exposures maximum before going to bulb.  The problem was that to get exposures that werent too dark I would have toopen my apeture all the way and/or jack the ISO values, both of which created a fair ammount of grain, something that as a sharpness junkie I am firmly against.  So, since I actually was not in school for this week I went and blew the cash on a cable release which would allow me to do longer exposures and actually went out to do some photos.  "Hey" I said, "maybe I'll even do a blog post."


This ended up being either a 13 or a 20 min exposure at F8 with ISO set at 200.  The higher f-stop and low ISO value again designed to minimize grain, but the guy at the camera store said 400 would really be okay.  I may try this agian at 400, besides, I wanted to get some stars in there.




No comments:

Post a Comment